HOW TO USE A MALE CONDOM
The Right Way To Use A Male Condom
Condom Dos and Don’ts
- DO use a condom every time you have sex.
- DO put on a condom before having sex.
- DO read the package and check the expiration date.
- DO make sure there are no tears or defects.
- DO store condoms in a cool, dry place.
- DO use latex or polyurethane condoms.
- DO use water-based or silicone-based lubricant to prevent breakage.
- DON’T store condoms in your wallet as heat and friction can damage them.
- DON’T use nonoxynol-9 (a spermicide), as this can cause irritation.
- DON’T use oil-based products like baby oil, lotion, petroleum jelly, or cooking oil because they will cause the condom to break.
- DON’T use more than one condom at a time.
- DON’T reuse a condom.
How To Put On and Take Off a Male Condom
Join us for Loteria Game Night!
About the Loteria Project
The Loteria Project is a year-long project from RipplePHX and driven by 8 Amazing Latinx Community Leaders to combine entertainment with awareness and education about HIV to Arizona’s LGBTQ+ Community throughout 2020.
This project was funded along with a handful of other projects across the nation through the National Library of Medicine’s Community Information Outreach Project (ACIOP).