HAVING TROUBLE REMEMBERING TO TAKE PrEP?
Taking PrEP every day as prescribed allows for the maximum benefit to prevent HIV. Really, this concept is the same with any medication. If it helps, think about Birth Control as a comparison. If a person isn’t taking Birth Control daily as prescribed, each missed dose reduces the medication’s effectiveness and increases the likelihood of becoming preggo. It’s the same with PrEP and HIV; every day dosing is key. Don’t give yourself a hard time if you keep forgetting to take your PrEP, instead make a plan!
- Get a pillbox (FREE from the Action Center)
- Select a time to take your pills and stick with it – the time that makes sense for you
- Add PrEP to an existing regime – while eating breakfast, take with your daily vitamin
- Put a reminder on your phone or download a medication reminder app
- Eat more grapes! Resveratrol, an antioxidant that is found in the skin of red grapes is believed to have positive effects on the hippocampus, an area of the brain that is critical to functions such as memory, learning and mood.
- Tie a string on your finger – lol – ok this is really a last resort to remember